Drink Wise, Age Well is a national campaign that was launched in April 2015. It is designed to support health and social care providers and community organisations to recognise and respond to individuals over the age of 50 who may be at risk through their alcohol use.
We offer free face to face training as well as free online training for Sheffield employees.
What is covered?
Our training aims to provide staff and/or volunteers with the skills to identify whether an individual may be at risk of alcohol related harm, be able to recognise signs and symptoms of harm, increase confidence around how we can respond to those at risk and how to signpost to appropriate services.
On our courses you will:
- challenge attitudes and stigma
- Make connections with others
- Improve alcohol awareness
- Learn to recognise and respond
- Increase your skills and confidence
- Learn how you can offer support
- Build knowledge of aging and health
- Increased knowledge of signing and referral pathway within Sheffield
How to access the training?
You can access Drink Wise Age Well eLearning modules via the following link:
Alternatively, if you would prefer to attend a face to face session we run free open sessions for all employees and professionals. To find out about upcoming sessions and to book online visit:
Once you have completed any of our training sessions you will then receive a certificate of attendance to put towards your CPD.